- OKUP is a right based migrant organization. OKUP promotes and protects human rights, labour rights, justice and dignity of all migrant workers irrespective of genders across borders through putting migrants` perspectives in the centre of migration discourse at all levels through unity and empowerment of migrant workers themselves. Now OKUP is interested to hire following positions for its different projects.
- Contact address: Shawdagor Garden, 466, Donia Post Office Road, Jatrabari, Dhaka-1236, Bangladesh, www.okup.org.bd
- Job Family : Program
- Project/Program OKUP
- Probation Period : 3 months
- Job Type : Contractual (possibility to extend based on performance and availability of fund)
- Reported to : OKUP Management
- Job Location : Dhaka, OKUP Head Office.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for providing management and technical support at both national level and field level for effective and quality implementation of the project. You are responsible for overall monitoring of project inputs, outputs and outcomes, project progress, budgeting, reporting and evaluation, including annual appraisal of project staff. You are liable for effective and efficient use of project`s resources and materials, and also for administrative management over staff and resources. Specific roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Overall implementation of the project activities in line with project document, work plan, budget and with quality and with compliance of organizational policies as well as donor policies
- Ensure effective and efficient use of staffs and resources and provides onsite facilitative supervision and technical support to the staffs
- Ensure 100% standards in financial and logistical management to meet accountability and transparency
- Maintain proper documentation (both hardcopy and softcopy) of project beneficiaries and other required data; project activity, monitoring, follow-up etc. report; activity photos
- Conduct action research and or PRA in line with project plan
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports both quantitative and qualitative
- Prepare/review periodic programmatic and financial reports and submit to management and partners
- Monitor of activities conducted by project staffs at filed and national level
- Establish and maintain proper liaison, relation and linkage with national and local level stakeholders
- Perform any other activity as directed by the management.
- Post-Graduation from reputed and recognized universities in Social Science, Social Welfare/Work, Development studies, English, Anthropology, International Affairs, Women and Gender Studies, Population Sciences, Linguistics, Media and Journalism, Political Science, Economics, Law etc.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Demonstrated experiences and capacity as Project Manager/ Officer/ Coordinator for at least 5 years in reputed development organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge on women empowerment, labor migration, slavery, forced labor, human rights, gender, research (data analysis) and strong capacity on report writing.
- Working experience with District to community level local governance structures and relevant stakeholders
- Good experience in documentation and quality report writing
- Good command in English both speaking and writing
- Excellent leadership and team work
- Computer literacy – MS Word, Excel, database management and SPSS
- Experience on rights based approach and pursuing rights for a disadvantaged group in Bangladesh context e.g. migrants community, women etc.
- Understanding of advocacy, campaigning and communications and how they contribute to achieving program goals
- Monthly gross salary 55,000/- (Fifty Five Thousand Taka)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per organizational rules
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Read Before Apply
N.B. Candidates from women and ethnic minorities are highly encouraged to apply
Internal candidates can also apply.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Email CV from MY BDJOBS account Click here.
Application Deadline : September 21, 2019