Job Description – Project Manager
||Project Manager (1 position)
||GFEMS – OKUP
||Contractual – Fixed Term (until 30th April 2022)
The Project Manager is responsible for overall leadership and management of the project in order to achieve the project goal and objectives as per approved design through appropriate planning, implementation, and monitoring process.
Specific roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare project implementation plan, operational strategy and monthly and quarterly budgets as per the approved project proposal and ensure necessary approval from the appropriate authority
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of planned activities and budget expenditure
- Ensure monitoring and supervision tools are developed and adopted for quality implementation of the project activities
- Ensure responsible project phase out, transition or extension made according to the schedule
- Join and contribute to regular meetings with wider consortium partners and GFEMS/Norad when required
Financial Management/Policy adherence:
- Ensure high standard of stewardship in allocation, utilization and management of the resources of the project and the organization in compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance of the donor/partner agreement, MOU as well as government policies and procedures
- Ensure internal financial control mechanisms, compliance of procurement policy, and other financial obligations as per the donor agreement and other relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure high quality financial management of the project to create limited risk in the internal and external audit
- Ensure compliance to OKUP all financial policies and procedures
Team Management & Development:
- Line manage MEL Manager, Communication and Advocacy Manager, the Case Management Officer, Social Workers (x 2), Psycho-Social Counselor, Shelter Home Assistants, Support Staff.
- Ensure conducive working environment through friendly and professional attitude, behavior and pro-active actions
- Provide necessary support and guidance to all project staff for timely and quality implementation of project activities
- Ensure regular supervision, follow up and monitoring of project activities and provide regular mentoring of staff for improved performance through monthly staff coordination meeting
- Ensure annual performance review and guideline for Individual Development Plans (IDPs).
- Follow OKUP’s safeguarding practices and ensure staff are treated in line with OKUP’s Code of Conduct.
Networking & Advocacy:
- Establish effective working relationship, partnership with relevant government and non-government service provider organizations for adequate referrals of the project target beneficiaries
- Represent OKUP when and where necessary
Documentation and Reporting:
- Working with the MEL manager, establish a MIS system to track the project participants and other project information and regular monitoring and supervision of project performance
- Prepare fortnightly updates and monthly progress reports of the project performance
- Ensure timely quarterly, bi-annually and annual impact assessment of project inputs and comprehensive narrative report aligning with project design and donor requirement
- Ensure regular documentation of case stories, success stories of the project interventions for references and feeding into OKUP website, Facebook and other communication channels which comply with donor and partner guidelines.
- Ensure monthly financial documentations and financial reports with the approval of concerned authority
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required
|Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
|OKUP is strongly committed to protecting their staff and the children and vulnerable adults they work with. OKUP is committed to creating a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Any candidate offered a job at OKUP will be expected to follow these commitments and adhere to all OKUP’s policies and procedures.
|Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in social science or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience and capacity as Project Manager/Coordinator for at least 5 years in reputed development organizations
- Demonstrated capacity in documentation, analytical ability and quality report writing both in English and Bangla
- Excellent working experiences with government structures and key stakeholders from local to national level and proven experience in advocacy
- Excellent experience of the rights-based approach and pursuing rights for a disadvantaged group
- Advanced computer literacy, including SPSS, photoshop etc.
- Excellent leadership, pro-activeness, extrovert and ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience working with migrants or survivors of exploitation and abuse (including sexual)
- Understanding of migrant sector in Bangladesh, including government structure
- Self-motivated, proactive and target oriented
- Good report writing along with analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, proactive, positive and target oriented
- Capability of working in challenging and demanding situations.
- Ability to work in a team and lead a team
- Willingness to work in a flexible schedule and travel in Bangladesh frequently
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities/ multitasking
|Job Location: Dhaka
|Salary Range: Gross 70,000/- per month
|Other Benefits: As per organizational rules
|Submit a covering letter explaining how your experience meets this position and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application Deadline: 19th of September, 2020
N.B. OKUP is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate between sex, religion, age or disability. All people, including those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.