||Case Management Officer (1 position)
||GFEMS – OKUP
||Contractual – Fixed Term (until 30th April 2022)
The Case Management Officer (CMO) is responsible for ensuring overall social and economic reintegration support and services to the survivor migrant workers (men and women) and bring a positive change in their lives.
|Specific roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Overall implementation of the case management activities in line with project work plan and budget and in compliance with organizational and donor policies.
- Conduct initial needs assessment of every survivor migrant worker and prepare case history report jointly with the Psycho-social counselor
- Ensure legal investigation and complete investigative reports of every survivor migrant workers
- Ensure legal vetting of every case, analyze merit and determine the case competent either for the BMET arbitration or the court case or the village court or the local salish
- Ensure legal representation of the survivor migrant workers in the arbitration or the court case, and close follow up of each and every case for further action
- Ensure assessment of opportunities for sustainable income generation and economic reintegration assessment
- Ensure, in collaboration with social workers and psychosocial counselor, need-based support and services to the survivors like repatriation, shelter home support, health support, legal support and economic reintegration support
- Maintain personal profile of each client and ensure keeping appropriate records of assessment, support and services provided with, follow-up updates, results, case closure etc.
- Establish and maintain database of survivor migrant workers, maintain database-based monitoring and ensure case by case support and services
- Establish and maintain professional relationship and collaboration with different government and non-government service provider organizations, migrant communities, and facilitate referrals of the migrant workers if needed
- Maintain regular communication and effective coordination and follow-up with appointed lawyers/ law firms, partners, law enforcing agencies etc.
- Prepare fortnightly updates of each client and prepare a brief combined report of all clients in collaboration with the psychosocial counselor
- Prepare quarterly and annual narrative reports on the provided services in line with the project inputs, outputs and impacts
- Prepare success stories of individual case, lessons learned, and good practice bi-annual basis
- Ensure high standards in financial and logistics management to meet accountability and transparency
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required
|Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
|OKUP is strongly committed to protecting their staff and the children and vulnerable adults they work with. OKUP is committed to creating a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Any candidate offered a job at OKUP will be expected to follow these commitments and adhere to all OKUP’s policies and procedures.
|Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law and Justice, Criminal Science, Victimology and Restorative Justice and other related disciplines from any reputed university
- Demonstrated experiences of at least 3 years in legal practice in the court or as in similar case management position in any reputed NGO/ INGOs
- Excellent skills in providing explanation of legal provisions
- In-depth knowledge on arbitration system, judiciary system, court procedures, village court, legal aid committee etc.
- Good understanding of migrants rights and laws related to migrant workers in Bangladesh.
- Better analytical ability and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in liaising, communicating and engaging with colleagues and external audiences
- Pro-activeness and leadership capacity, extrovert and ability to work with diverse team
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Bangla
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Self-motivated, proactive and target oriented
- Self-starter, proactive, positive and target oriented
- Capability of working in challenging and demanding situations.
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to work in a flexible schedule and travel in Bangladesh
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities/ multitasking
|Job Location: Dhaka
- Good report writing along with analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills ation: Dhaka (Head Office)
|Salary Range: Gross 40,000/- per month
|Other Benefits: As per organizational rules (Two full bonus, gratuity, PF, TA/DA, cell phone bill etc)
|Submit a covering letter explaining how your experience meets this position and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 02nd of May, 2020